Let’s talk nutrition
Putting this menu together has been a real passion project for us. We set out to create an offering that is rich in nutrients and provides a balanced and healthy meal. We carefully selected each of the ingredients for the menu and included the nutritional value information with the help of vegan nutritionist, Rose Wyles.
Below Rose talks about the health benefits of our menu;
Enter The World Of maki Rolls!
Maki Rolls are a good source of healthy carbohydrates which give us the energy to power through our day, they are also rich in Fibre, Vitamins, Minerals, Healthy fats, Protein, Anti oxidants
All rolled into delicious nutrient powerhouses! Nori steals the limelight, with its array of health benefits. Seaweed? Really? It’s amazing how much goodness it contains.
Health Benefits of Nori (seaweed wrap)
- High protein content: from 20% in green algae to 70% in spirulina.
- High mineral content, especially: iodine, calcium, iron, magnesium.
- More vitamin C than oranges.
- Anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory properties
- Large proportion of natural, organic iodine aiding in maintaining a healthy thyroid function (not to be compared with the toxic substitute added to table salt.
- One of the richest plant sources of calcium.
- Polysaccharides: important in the prevention of degenerative diseases including cardiovascular and diabetes 2, increase the amount of feel-good chemicals in the brain, improves liver function, stabilizes blood sugar.
It’s true that more and more people are turning to a plant-based diet for the health benefits, which are helping mitigate some of our modern world’s biggest diseases such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
So, why not enjoy Maki rolls which are a nutritious source of essential nutrients as part of a healthy & balanced plant-based diet.